Happy New Year!
Girls Unite is super excited about 2020 and we wanted to share why…
Girls Unite strives to create a safe space for kids to grow into their own personal potential on and off the pitch. We also believe in developing women coaches as professionals in sport, as leaders in their community, and as role models for the next generation. With strong women at the helm, we aim to develop players as individuals and as part of a strong community.
Since our club began in 2015, we are excited to share some of our accomplishments over the years. At the start of 2020 Girls Unite is proud to share that we…
- Increased in size by 50% in our fifth year, engaging over 500 players and their families
- Will award $52,000 in financial assistance this year, a 62% increase from last year
- Recruited & mentored over 50 women coaches, including Junior Coaches
- Elevated our Travel teams by joining the NorCal Premier league in 2018, enabling us to access high-level coaching education programs that will transfer to the field, as well as options for higher levels of play for our competitive teams
- Applied a formal Tovo soccer curriculum (used on an international scale) for our older age groups and our competitive teams. We also apply the US Club Soccer Grassroots curriculum for our younger age groups, including our Recreational program. All of which has unifies our coaching approach and the way we develop our players — focusing on cognitive development and on infusing joy in every aspect of the game.
- Added a full-time administrative staff person to our team to create better experiences for families from start to finish — welcome & thanks Kayla Dzurek!!!
The new year ahead holds great opportunities to grow and to continue to improve programming and experiences for our youth, our families and for the coaches who teach them. This year and going forward, we plan to…
- Focus on and train our coaches on positive youth development models that enable them to better serve our kids
- Further coaches training opportunities through NorCal Premier, as well additional soccer and leadership conferences and courses in order to retain and enhance our coaching staff
We look forward to connecting more with our families through our games, tournaments, and community events.
We are truly grateful to all of our participants and supporters. Thank you on behalf of the Girls Unite staff and Board of Directors! We cannot be the club we are without you.
Founding Director/Head Coach