Girls Unite abides by SF Department of Public Health and SF Rec & Park Regulations guidelines around COVID-19 prevention. Currently, the health department deems outdoor youth activities to be very low risk for COVID transmission. We are still requiring all unvaccinated individuals to wear properly fitting mask during practices and games, and many of our coaches and players are opting to wear masks after vaccination.
The most up to date health orders can be found here: https://www.sfdph.org/dph/alerts/coronavirus.asp
Rain-out information for games and practices:
No news is good news!
If you are on a turf field = PLAY on
If you are on grass field:
1. Check the rain out field site (this is the same information GU admin have access to): https://sfrecpark.org/507/Field-Rain-Out-Info
2. Please wait until 2pm to contact the GU office (sometimes SFRPD updates their rain out information in the late afternoon)
3. We’ll always abide by SFRPD, almost never will practice be cancelled unless the field is closed
- GU will update all teamsnap practices to show “cancelled” as quickly as we have confirmation
GU will send out a team alert that practice is cancelled
If you’re worried you missed an announcement, check your teamsnap calendar tab for cancellations (no changes = good news practice is on)
Smoke out info:
No news is good news!
- If AQI is <100 practice is on (parents can choose if they prefer to keep their player at home, just notifiy your coach)
If AQI is 100-150 practice is on but will be slowed way down (parents can keep their player at home if they so choose, just notify your coach)
If AQI is 151+ practice is CANCELLED
We abide by SFYS/NorCal league guidelines
- If AQI is <100 game is on (parents can choose to keep their player at home if they prefer, just notify your coach)
If AQI is 100-150, game may be played or rescheduled. NorCal home and away teams have to agree to reschedule. SFYS generally plays their games.
If AQI is 151+ game is CANCELLED. NorCal teams can make this decision outright, SFYS teams have to wait for league confirmation to formally cancel.
Both leagues will wait until the morning of the game in question to cancel re: no advanced notice.
- GU will update all teamsnap practices/games to show “cancelled” as quickly as we have confirmation
GU will send out a team alert that practice/games are cancelled
If you’re worried you missed an announcement, check your teamsnap calendar tab for cancellations (no changes = good news and event is still on)
We hope this will help take some of the stress out of the hurdles that can pop up through the course of a season.
Thank you, and please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!