This winter, Girls Unite invites its players to work on improving ball mastery with our December Technical Skills Challenge!
- The winter skills challenge features 11 individual soccer drills that require only a ball and a wall (indoor or outdoor).
- The video 11-Minute Wall Work w/ Yael Averbuch clearly demonstrates each drill.
- The goal is to spend at least 11 minutes each day (1 minute per skill) consistently getting controlled touches on a ball.
- Players can use this tracking sheet to record how many touches they get on the ball during 60 seconds of each drill.
- Players can submit their tracking sheet by January 7 2022 to be eligible for prizes!
Our intent with this challenge is for every player to improve their individual skills and overall comfort with a soccer ball. These drills will help players develop quick feet, a solid “first touch,” and a higher degree of ball mastery. Players who consistently get at least 15 minutes/1000 touches on the ball every day this winter will see improved ball handling and confidence on the pitch this spring.
As a bonus, there will also be prizes for the individual players and teams with the highest participation rate in this challenge!
Additional skill videos recommended:
- 10 Soccer Footwork Patterns To Master | YFutbol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBZnUBNqNu4
- Fast Feet Home Soccer Drills: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoijY4BUCtw
- 11-Minute Wall Work | YFutbol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn5HWMIxQsQ
- Yael Averbuch’s Juggling Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqwuz0N8LeE