Girls Unite is a San Francisco-based 501(c)3 non-profit organization committed to providing an empowering environment for young female athletes, increasing leadership and visibility of women in soccer, and making club soccer accessible to all girls in our region.
Help keep Girls Unite healthy during the COVID19 pandemic by participating in the 2020 Run for Girls Unite Virtual 5K. Run, bike, walk or skip… Join us!
100% of your registration fee supports:
- Sustaining & growing the Girls Unite financial assistance program which covers coaching, administrative, and league expenses for players and teams without the resources to otherwise play club soccer in a high-cost city like San Francisco.
- Hiring, mentoring & licensing female head coaches and junior coaches for the Fall 2020 season: nurturing new and experienced coaches, advancing their credentials, and pushing them into next levels of leadership in soccer.
- Maintaining core Girls Unite staff to support a basic level of operation.
Race Day Information!
Thank you to everyone who has signed up for the Run for Girls Unite 5k! The June 6-7 race weekend is almost here. We encourage you to run/walk/bike your 5K safely from wherever you are, following local Department of Public Health guidelines. Remember to wear your Girls Unite spirit clothes and tag #RunForGirlsUnite on social media!
For those of you who are local to Golden Gate Park, consider walking by our race day tent!
- Girls Unite Race Day Tent
- WHEN: Saturday July 6, 2020 from 8:00 am – 2:00 pm
- WHERE: South Side of Polo Fields, Golden Gate Park (Middle Drive West & Metson Rd)
Girls Unite coaches will be stationed outside the South side of polo fields, adhering to all social distancing guidelines while cheering you on! Come say hi, pick up your race t-shirt (if you don’t already have it), distance high-5, take a photo in race day gear, and run one of the GGP 5K routes or find your own!
How to participate:
(it’s not too late to join!)
Please spread the word. Everyone can participate and support girls and women becoming leaders!
- All participants receive a special edition “Run for Girls Unite” t-shirt (limited supply, register ASAP to claim size)
- Recruit 10 participants —> + “Run for Girls Unite” drawstring bag
- Recruit 20 participants —> + “Run for Girls Unite” hoodie
- Team prizes for highest participation rate & top fundraising!
- Additional prizes for fastest times, most creative #RunForGirlsUnite post, & best Girls Unite spirit!
When registering, ask friends & family to list your name under “How did you hear about this event?”